Rules For Selling Fast In A Slow Market
Here are 6 useful ideas:
1. Position the house in the right price range. Buyers search by price range. Positioning a property in the middle of the range increases the likelihood people will see it. Position your price just below a group and just above a gap. Also consider positioning your commission to just above your competition.
2. Have info available. Deals fall apart when the buyer has unanswered questions. Have key information available, including cost of utilities and taxes, neighborhood liens and covenants, and an evaluation of the schools.
3. Put out a good flier. People are much more likely to read the flier than they are to call the number on the “For Sale” sign.
4. Market to the neighbors. Market to people who have just listed their own homes in the same areas. Chances are they like the neighborhood and could be persuaded to stay in the area by the right property.
5. Consider offering creative financing. For many people these days finding money is the biggest stumbling block.
6. Remember the first-offer rule. In this market holding out for a better offer is a big mistake. It’s an old-wives-tale among agents, but usually the first offer is the best offer.