10 Do Not Do Rules When Obtaining A Mortgage
Avoid these steps for a smooth loan process.
10. Do not purchase anything until after the closing.
9. Do not co-sign on anything for anyone.
8. Do not change bank accounts.
7. Do not make any large deposits into your bank account.
6. Do not do anything that would originate new inquiries on your credit report.
5. Do not buy furniture before you buy your house.
4. Do not spend any of the money you have saved for your down payment.
3. Do not use your credit cards or let your payments fall behind.
2. Do not buy a car, truck, or van (unless you plan to live in it).
1. Do not change jobs or become self-employed.